The road to being a successful entrepreneur is a bumpy one, filled with potholes, loose gravel, and iced over streets. When you set out to start your own business and brand yourself, you're most likely going to face the inevitable feeling of failure; probably more than once. What you do after that failure will result in how your business will fare in the future.
Have I depressed you yet?
Good! That means the next part of this article will do its job. Check out some inspiring quotes from famous entrepreneurs, that are guaranteed to invigorate your passions and get you on the right track to success.
1. "Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do." -- Steve Jobs, Co-founder and former CEO of Apple, Inc.
2. "Whether you think you can, or think you can't -- you're right." -- Henry Ford, Founder of Ford Motor Company
3. "It's not about ideas. It's about making ideas happen." -- Scott Belsky, co-founder of Behance.
4. "Risk more than others think is safe. Dream more than others think is practical." -- Howard Schultz, Starbucks CEO
5. "The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing." -- Walt Disney, founder of Disney.
6. "Fearlessness is like a muscle. I know from my own life that the more I exercise it, the more natural it becomes to not let my fears run me." -- Arianna Huffington, president and editor-in-chief The Huffington Post Media Group.
7. "It is always the start that requires the greatest effort." -- James Cash Penney, founder and CEO of J.C. Penney.
8. "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." -- Thomas Edison
9. "Show me a person who never made a mistake, and I will show you a person who never did anything." -- William Rosenberg, Founder of Dunkin' Donuts
10. "What do you need to start a business? Three simple things: know your product better than anyone, know your customer, and have a burning desire to succeed." -- Dave Thomas, founder of Wendy's
11. "Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning." -- Bill Gates, founder and CEO of Microsoft
12. "Chase the vision, not the money, the money will end up following you." -- Tony Hsieh, CEO of Zappos
13. "Always deliver more than expected." -- Larry Page, co-founder of Google
14. "Make your product easier to buy than your competition, or you will find your customers buying from them, not you." -- Mark Cuban
15. "Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great." -- Mark Twain
16. "If you never want to be criticized, for goodness' sake, don't do anything new." -- Jeff Bezos, founder and CEO of Amazon.com
17. "Do, or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda, Jedi Master
Contributor Caleb Hennington is a 23-year-old writer, who manages the Atwill Media and FGmarket blogs. He graduated from Arkansas State University in 2014 with a bachelor's degree in journalism.
When not writing, Caleb enjoys camping, running, collecting comic books, and binge-watching shows on Netflix.