You've got an Instagram account, you've got an Atwill Media website. So, how do you bring two things you love together in one place?
We've got the solution, thanks to a handy little tool called LightWidget!
With LightWidget, in only a few simple steps, you can get your Instagram feed embedded directly onto your website.
And the best part? You don't have to continuously update the widget; it updates automatically, so your latest pictures are always featured first!
Take a look at the quick tutorial below to learn how to get your Instagram feed onto your website.
- First, go to LightWidget’s homepage, at www.lightwidget.com.
- You’ll see a simple screen with a few options. A preview of your widget will show up on the left side of the screen, and your options for connecting your Instagram account will show up on the right side of the screen.
- On the right side widget options, you can either choose to show your Instagram feed in the widget or a specific hashtag. For your Instagram, enter your exact username into the box, with no spaces. For hashtags, simply enter the hashtag with no spaces into the text box.
- Under the Initial Settings options, you can change a number of variables for your widget.
- For Type of Widget, you can choose to display your feed as a Grid, Slideshow, or in Columns (Pinterest Style). We’ve found the best option is to use the Grid style.
- Next, you can choose the number of columns to display in your widget, and the number of rows to display.
- Image Hover Effect can be skipped, but there are a number of options under this drop-down menu.
- You can also adjust the amount of space between the pictures in your widget (in pixels) but the default setting of 2 works really well.
- The next 3 options allow you to use an Image Preloader, Show the Captions for your Instagram images, and Square crop the photos. You can check or uncheck these boxes, depending on your preference.
- After you have all of your settings like you want them, click Preview to see a preview of what your widget will look like on the left side of the screen.
- If your widget looks good, click the Get Code! button, and wait for the code to generate below.
- When the code generates, click inside of the text box, and copy the code, by either right-clicking on your mouse and selecting Copy, or by pressing CTRL + V on your keyboard.
- Next, you’ll need to login to your Atwill Media website, and click on Add To Page, in the top left corner of your toolbar.
- Select Media, and then Video to add your embed code on your current page.
- You can give your Instagram feed a name (something simple, like “Our Instagram Feed”) and then paste the embed code you copied earlier into the text box that says Embed Code. You can also give it a description, but this isn’t necessary in most cases.
- After you’ve pasted the code, click Save Changes.
That’s it! Your Instagram feed will show up perfectly at the bottom of your web page!