Anchor links can be very useful on pages that showcase a lot of information about you business or the services you offer. See how you can make it easy for clients to browse the information on your Atwill Media website!
What Are Anchor Links?
Anchor links are no more than links that take you to another location within the same page on the website, or to a specific place on a different page. Like I mentioned before, this is very useful when you are giving customers information regarding the services you offer. Creating links to specific areas with valuable information, allows them to find what they are looking for without having to go through a lot of text.
Creating Anchor Links?
Step 1: Log in to the admin side of your website and head to the page you are wanting to add anchor links to.
Step 2: Create anchor.
- Head to the section on the page that you want to make an anchor link.
- click on the pencil to edit and change the view to HTML.
- To the left of the text, type in the following <a name="anchor_name"></a>
- The letter (a) specifies that this points to an anchor (a specific section) on the page.
- If you want the anchor to be called Apply For, be sure to add it to the anchor you are creating. Ex. <a name="apply_for"></a> *This can be added to the left of any text appearing in the section you are wanting to direct people to.
- Once this is done, you can create the actual link that will be attached to the anchor.
Step 3: Create the links for the anchor.
- Go to Add To Page and click on Text Block
- Add the text you want on the link. Ex. Apply for...
- Add the anchor you created to the HTML part of the Text Block. This time you can add it using the normal <a href> tag plus the symbol (#) before the anchor text created. Ex. <a href="#apply_for"></a>
You can also add the anchor links to content boxes for a different style. Also, feel free to click here to see how the anchor links work.
Are you looking for more information on our custom-built websites? Click the link below to get started!